Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Visual Component idea!

1. Describe what kind of visual component you would like to create to accompany your essay

Considering my topic was that of invisibility, I might show a sort-of dual image, one of a radar or heat sensor showing a bunch of objects, including a person, and another showing those objects themselves, excluding the person of course. This visual component will help to emphasize the effects of invisibility, by showing the same scenario from two perspectives.

2. What tools/techniques in Illustrator/Photoshop will you be using?

The objects themselves I may create in Photoshop, taking advantage of the ability to draw and erase at precise levels and effectively layer objects. I may use forms of the lasso tool, magic wand, and eraser. The Radar effect I plan to make in Illustrator, as Illustrator can take advantage of line control using the pen tool.

3. How do you envision your completed digital illustration?

I envision my visual design in either of two ways. One way is a simple side by side comparison, almost as if the image were a before and after compilation. The second design would be to overlap the images, showing a thermal outline on all objects, while continuing to display an outline where no people "seem" to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment